Hilux Masternode Setup Guide
What you will need:
- More than 1,000 HLX
- One computer with Hilux-QT
- One VPS
Sending the transaction
- In the QT wallet, go the
Receivetab and click
+Newand name it something like
masternode1or the like.
Okto create the address. Since you will need it in the next step, copy the address and close the
Receiving address window
- Go to the
Sendtab and paste the address from the previous step into the
Pay To:field. If you copied the address currently it should pre-populate with the label you gave it earlier.
- In the
1000, making sure to NOT check
Subtract fee from amount. doing so will not send the 1,000 need, instead it would send less. Click
Yes. You will need to wait for at least 15 confirmations on the network before the masternode can be started (Step 27).
Gathering Needed Information
- If you can already see the
Masternodestab skip to step 7. If you can not go to the
Settingstab then go to
Advanced Settings. Check the
Show Masternode Tabbutton.
- Now restart your wallet (close and open again).
- Once the wallet cataches back up, go to the
Toolstab and then to
Console. Once there, type
- Copy and paste both outputs to somewhere easily accesible (Do not save it the cloud).
Setting Up Your Server (No picture available for this section)
- There are many options for VPSs, but we recommend vultr.com. Go and created an account at vultr.com and setup a payment method.
- After completing sign up, go to https://my.vultr.com/. Click on the
Serverstab and choose a location for you server. Then choose type, after choosing Ubuntu 16.04, you can either choose the $5.00/month or the $10.00/month. (If they are temporarily sold out try another location.) Now click
- You will be taken to a list of your servers. Click on the name of the server you just created. This will bring you to the
Server Informationpage for your VPS. Click on the eye icon to reveal the password for the root account. You will you this to login.
- Now open up your favorite SSH client.
For macOS go to
ssh [email protected]. It will ask for the password you just got)
For Windows use PuTTY. Enter the external IP as the Host Name, login using
rootas the username and the password from the previous step.
Installing the Masternode
- Logined into the VPS, enter:
sudo -i. This entered you into root if you were not already.
curl ipinfo.io/ip. Copy the output (should be your external IP address).
- Now go back to the Wallet where we have the masternode collateral. Go to the
Settingstab and click on
Open Masternode Configuration File
- In the file, under the template, type:
masternode1 externalIPFromCurl:7979 masternodegenkey masternodeoutputWithoutQoutations
mn1 123.456.789.2:7979 93HaYBVUCYjEMeeH1Y4sBGLALQZE1Yc1K64xiqgX37tGBDQL8Xg 2bcd3c84c84f87eaa86e4e56834c92927a07f9e18718810b92e0d0324456a67c 0
- Leave this file open and go back to the VPS. In the VPS type
- Next type:
chmod +x masternode.sh
- Fill in the masternode genkey when prompted, and hit enter. Then, also enter your external IP with
:7979at the end and hit enter. Ex.
- We recommend just hitting enter for the next 3 prompts, but it is not required (If you have a lower spec server then you will have to enter yes for the first two).
- After that, it will add a repo and you have to press enter here. Do not CTRL+C
- Let the script finish running and wait at least 2 minutes after that.
- Now enter:
hilux-cli getinfoCheck you block height and make sure it is synced. If not give it more time, do not move on until the top block is correct (let it finish sycning).
Starting Your Masternode
- Before starting the node, go to the
Historytab and right click on the
Payment to yourself. Check to see if the transaction has at least 15 confirmaiotns. If it does not, wait until it does.
- Go to the
Masternodestab and click on your masternode. Now click
- If all goes good, a pop-up will show up saying, “Masternode Succesfully Started”.
- Now go back to your VPS. Make sure that the masternode did start by entering:
hilux-cli masternode status. Ensure it says
Masternode Succesfully Started. If it does not, trying repeating step 27. If your node has successfully started, congratulations, if it has not more help can be obtained in our Discord channel.